Monday, November 3, 2008

Did my vote count?

Tomorrow, after all the votes have been counted and we have a new President/reason to count again, will you know where your vote is? What pile it's sitting in? Are you a winner, a looser, a marginalized other, or an outsider observing the folly? Did your vote mean anything? Did it reflect your views? Did it reflect something deeper about you? Are you a one issue voter? Did you pick the lesser of two evils? Did you help make history? Was your vote the result of a passionate cause or duty? Why did or didn't you cast a vote? Will you be okay that "the other candidate" won? Do you except that he was placed there for a reason? by a Power? Sometimes I question.

1 comment:

TS said...

All good questions that I've asked myself...some of which I still don't have an answer for. So far, I've resolved to ask a more important question: Do I trust God to be faithful in all matters, from political leadership to the more minute details of this life? I've also asked myself "Is this a copout?" With so much at stake, we have no time for copouts.

And by the way...I spend my Friday nights with God.